Choosing and purchasing a house is a rather complex process which includes numerous hours while looking for a suitable house, inspecting the property, considering payment options and mortgages, and property inspections. In the whole scheme of things, one of our agents would make things a lot easier for you.
You all must have heard of listing agents who work on behalf of the seller and their personal interests and profits. A buyer’s agent, on the other hand, represents the individuals who are on the purchasing end of the deal.
A buyer’s agent would help you with the following processes:
- Looking for suitable houses which fit your criterion and provide transportation while house hunting
- Arranging appointments with the house owners for viewing their houses which are up for purchase
- Contacting listing agents to inquire about available homes.
How to find a Buyer’s Agent:
A buyer’s agent would be the extra helping hand you need while seeking and purchasing a house. Thus, if you are a potential buyer and are seeking a suitable agent to help you with the whole process, follow the below-listed guidelines to find the perfect agent:
While seeking potential agents, you can refer to a number of sources which include:
- Agent referrals from friends, acquaintances and family members who have hired one in the past
- Online sources
- Local brokerages
After you have come up with a list of potential agents through the above-listed sources, when it comes to choosing the best suitable agent, you should interview each of them individually to decide which one would be able to offer the most to your house purchasing experience. During the interview, you can ask them about their experiences and the services they will provide as a buyer’s agent. A good agent must meet your needs and should provide you with the best possible options.
After you have chosen the most suitable agent for yourself, it is best to sign a buyer’s agreement. This agreement would legally require the agents to represent you and work according to your interests and requirements. While making the buyer’s agreement, make sure the agreement has the following features:
- Includes the agreement period. Short-term contracts are recommended because they provide a way for you to opt for another agent if you are not satisfied with the current one.
- Guarantee of a non-exclusive agreement. You should make sure both you and your agent have the right to dissolve the agreement if either one is not comfortable with the work relationship.
- Contain the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement. Instead of outlining the description of your desired property, pay more attention to the right and duties of both yourself and your agent. It should include what services are expected from the agent, terms of payment to the agent, and period of the agreement.
Choosing a buyer’s agent is crucial to making sure all aspects of the sell and buy are done the way you prefer. If you are looking for a buyer’s agent, contact one of our agents with the experience and knowledge to assist you in the most effective way possible.